Monday, May 18, 2009

What's With the DC Weather?!?!

So this is Spring.

I woke up this morning to what I would consider cool weather. In fact last night, Mikhail and I opened the windows to enjoy the fresh air. And then I thought, "Awe, it feels like fall in Florida." Except it is not Fall. And this is not Florida. Last night Alexandria had a low of 45 and today, the high may be 65. Now I am not complaining about the weather, well, I guess I am. However, it is cold here. And this Floridian has been chilled since December. I keep waiting for summer. I keep waiting for 90 degrees. When, will that day come? Here in DC, the summer weather will not be as hot as my Florida weather. It is always a few degrees cooler, even in the warmest seasons. Which makes me feel, well, cold. Still. And it is nearly the end of May. Cheers to 40 degrees in May.

The mini-marathon is still on. Come to find out, the nice easy little mile run that Mikhail and I were running, is actually 2.2 miles. And we run up several hills. This was a super exciting fact for my life. I am training to be a runner. I think I may be able to run 3 miles on flat ground since I can run 2.2 on hills. I feel accomplished. I love running with Mikhail. This is just one way he contributes to making me a better person. Running is difficult. However, what I am learning about myself is beautiful. I am impatient. I want to quit when things get hard. I get tired and talk myself out of things that I really like to do. I suppose I did not need to run to learn this. But nevertheless, I welcome the lesson. And I welcome the flat stomachs we are both developing.

Work is work and work is slow. But memorial day is coming. And I get 5 whole days off this weekend, Friday - Tuesday! So I am pretty excited! The race is won by those who endure to the end. So, I will endure. My life is on the line. And living life is definitely worth it!

1 comment:

steve and randel hambrick said...

the weather is freaky here also! we put the heat on this morning. CRAZY.

we'll be at jayce's wedding this weekend.. why dont you come? :)
love you